Having a baby is hard. Having a newborn and a toddler during a pandemic feels like jumping forward like 15 levels 😂. All I can do over here is my best, and boy am I ever grateful for the little tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way. Seriously: (seeriioouuslyy…) SINGLE PARENTS ARE OUR UNSUNG HEROES!! I am super privileged to have a partner that’s as able to help me as Gary is, and really don’t know what to do without him. Even between our team of two, we need as much help as we can get, so here are a few products that make our day-to-day life that much easier, and I hope they help yours go a bit smoother too!
- The Lambert Diaper Backpack is AMAZING. It’s been such a staple in our family since it fits both the boys’ clothes AND diapers AND wipes without any fancy Tetris work, which is a lifesaver when we’re running out of the house. Best yet: it includes a foldable changing pad!!!! The only thing that would make it better is if there were a smaller version for the days where you only need a diaper, wipe, lip gloss and key/wallet (hint, hint.)
- Terry Cloths can be MAJOR day-savers. They’re super soft, absorbent, lightweight, and pack up small. I especially love this pack from Buy Buy Baby since they’re easy to find at the bottom of a bag and having multiple patterns makes it easy to grab one that’s clean if another’s already been soiled (as long as I remember which is which… LOL #MomBrain). Plus they’re reusable so they’re better on the planet- and your wallet!
- Duckish’s Diaper Rash Stick is so great- just gotta swipe where needed and you don’t end up with it on your hands! #EasyMode.
- Saje’s Antimicrobial Hand Lotion is sooooo especially helpful while reentering the world à la pandemic… I feel so much safer knowing my hands are clean while on the go, and gosh is it nice to add a little moisture back amidst all the dryness from sanitizer and washing!
- Haakaa is heckin’ handy at home… because it gets all the milk from the let down from the side you’re not feeding on so none of that good milk is wasted! It also doesn’t require a power source and is made from super-soft silicone so it’s great for travelling (bonus!)
- The last thing you want to be searching for is a pacifier, and that’s what makes a pacifier clip so essential! Attach the cry-stopper to their shirt, car seat or baby swing so it’s always handy the moments you need it most (#MomsWhoWFH, am I right??) I love that you can use it to attach toys or teething rings too!!
- Here’s another twofer (two-for-one, LOL). A hands-free baby carrier is an obvious choice when you’re on the go, but if you’ve ever been home doing chores for an hour and come to realize that the baby’s been sleeping soundly on your chest the whole time.. You know how much of a godsend these can be. Seriously. Keep your toddlers close but keep your babies closer. Get one your husband will love to wear. Thank me later 😉
- This Fisher Price Swing has been a complete blessing. If I had to pick one product that has helped me consistently on a day-to-day basis, it is this swing. I WISH I’d gotten it when I had Pierce. With Bence it’s been amazing when I need to make breakfast or get emails done. He loves the swinging motion, the animals in the mobile, and the different songs. He even falls asleep in it sometimes! SERIOUS lifesaver and I just ordered and picked it up curbside from Bed Bath and Beyond! Doesn’t get much easier than that.
I’m so grateful to have access to such a wide range of products that make my life as a mom easier! Honestly, being a modern woman is HARD and being a working mom is nearly impossible unless you have a few tricks up your sleeve!
What tips have you learned while being a mom? I’d love to read your strategies in the comments below 🙂 Us moms have to stick together!!