Ok gals! I’ve shared my ideas for a romantic and relaxing Valentine’s Day with your SO, and now it’s time to focus on the really fun stuff… GALentine’s day! Whether you’re single and ready to mingle, in a long-term relationship, or somewhere in the middle, Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all about romance. I LOVE taking Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to have some fun with all my #1 ladies and let them know how much they mean to me. This Galentine’s Day I’m having my besties over for a night of pampering pink-themed fun, which means no boys allowed! Sorry Gary, you might have to leave the house for this one LOL! If you missed my CTV Morning Live segment on how to host a picture-perfect Galentine’s Day party, don’t stress! I’ll be sharing all my tips right here today!
1. Wine o clock! I don’t know about you… but in my opinion no girl’s night is complete without free-flowing vino. A great way to kick off the evening is with a wine tasting! Have all your besties bring over a bottle of vino, and ask everybody to bring them in brown paper sleeves so nobody can see the labels. THEN, have a tasting and each discuss and vote for your fave. The wine that gets the most votes is the winner, and the wino who chose it gets to bring home a cute gift! No better excuse to get the party going, there’s nothing quite like getting a lil tipsy with your ladies! I’ll be serving up the Haywire Pinot Gris which is super approachable and always a hit at my parties. It is a STILL wine and is one of their best sellers – perfect for GALentine’s Day!! For all of those gals that might say they want a Pinot Grigio, they need to get on having this incredible BC Pinot Gris – it’s about $27 on the shelf and can be found in Calgary at Highlander and Willow Park liquor stores. And in Vancouver it is available at Kitsilano Wine Cellars but you can type your address in here and see where the nearest store or restaurant is to you.
And for any sugar-conscious gals, I always like to keep some Nude Vodka Sodas on deck as an alternative. Their newest flavours Cran Raspberry and Black Cherry are perfectly on theme for the official day of pink! They’re only 100 calories and are totally sugar and gluten free, so nobody on a diet has an excuse to not partake in the drinking haha!
2. Craft it up! Now that we’ve gotten the creative juices flowing… time to bring out the crafts. But not your average crafts, I’m talking crafts made of beautiful, fresh flowers from Meadow and Vine in Calgary! I’ll be working with palettes of pink and red to really tie in the theme. Not only is it a great way to possibly discover a new hobby, but your girlfriends can take their creations home as a party favour after the big night in. Who needs a man when you have girlfriends to buy you flowers!?
How to create your DIY flower crowns:
3. Pamper Pros: Being a new mama has definitely made me appreciate the few opportunities that I have to pamper myself, and I know all my ladies feel the same. I really wanted to give my besties a chance to pamper themselves and set the scene for feeling refreshed (we’ll need it after all the wine we’ll be drinking ha!) Whenever we get together we always chat about new products we’re loving so this will be a great chance to share what I’ve been raving about over at-home mini facials!
Step 1: Cleanse. I’m seriously obsessed with the Huna Nourish Cleansing Gelee + Moisture Mask. Huna is an organic skincare line known for their super innovative formulas! This 2-in-1 duo cleanses by transforming into a milk-like formula when water is added.
Step 2: Mask. Using the same product (how crazy?!) apply on dry skin as a gel and let it sit. My skin always feels super bouncy and dewy after using this, and I love that it’s gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I also love the Huna Revitalize Age-Grace Face Serum – Huna’s #1 seller for 5 years in a row, this award-winning serum provides moisture, antioxidant protection, and a healthy-looking glow.
Step 3: Serum. Another skincare line I’ve been ABSOLUTELY loving is EO Healing. You all know how much I love a plant-based alternative and have been in the process of transitioning into all-natural skincare. Their Restore Serum works wonders and makes me feel like I’m turning back the clock. It’s packed with vitamins (A,C,E) and is like gold in a bottle.
Step 4: Moisturize. EO Healing’s Rose Cream has also been a life saver for me this winter. The rose calms my skin and it has a rich velvety texture that my skin just drinks right up.
Step 5: Get fresh! Maybe a little unconventional for an at-home facial, but I’ve finally found a 100% natural deodorant that WORKS! It only has six ingredients or less which I love!! And I can’t wait to share it with all my girlfriends. The I LUV it sensitive deodorant is my absolute fave and smells SO good! I am almost tempted to scoop out a bite for myself when I’m putting it on lol. Plus with the living room dance party we’ll be having, I’m sure everybody would appreciate a deodorant top up haha.
4. Dress the part. Gert a little girly with all these adorable pieces from Adorn Boutique’s Valentine’s Day collection which shows that it’s just as fun to get dressed up for your girls as it is to get dressed up for your man. Adorn Boutique is all about feeling like your best self, and their selection has the perfect balance of classic and trendy which is exactly my vibe. I’m personally in LOVE with the Deven Jumpsuit which would also double as a such a great date night piece. And of course these Brunette the Label sweatshirts which are all about supporting our fellow babes. Perhaps matching sweatshirts are in order? oh and I can’t forget the coveted Sweetheart Romper. If you’re looking to #RompSoHard but feel so soft this is the PERFECT uniform for you! If you already own an OG Smash and Tess romper or haven’t joined the squad just yet, you NEED this.
5. Set the scene. While I don’t think you have to go overboard on the decor for a GNI (Girl’s Night In!), no party would be complete without a little décor. I’m loving all the unique balloons I’ve been seeing around like these ones from WeddingStar. If you’re still in the mood for crafts, a fun activity is to make some DIY Galentine’s Day balloons! This idea is so cute!! You can typically find these balloons at most Dollar Stores, they are so cheap and they’ll even fill them up and tie them for you. Then, if you can also score stick on letters at the Dollar Store you can create ANY message you want on the balloons … genius and so easy!!
6. Party Favours. I love to spoil my ladies, and the Make Me Blush custom GALentine’s Boxes are the perfect way to wow them. Make Me Blush curates custom boxes filled with beautiful local products to fit any occasion. I had them come up with some special boxes for my babes and WOW! They are all going to freak out! The Girl’s Night In box has a candle and aroma spray from Land of Daughters, a Monograph hair scrunchie and a bath bomb. At $75 it’s such great value. The second box I had them curate for the ladies in my fam is slightly higher end at $125 and packed with amazing goodies. It has a beautiful pair of earrings and necklace from AH Designs, a beautiful bottle of Rosé, and a yummy smelling candle. Everything in these boxes are also amazing to pamper yourself or your girls at home with! I think I’ll need to order extra just for me LOL!
I can’t WAIT to show all my girls how much I value their support and friendship by hosting them this GALentine’s Day. If any of your girls can’t make it? No stress! Everything I’ve shared above also makes for an amazing gift. And don’t forget to treat the most important gal of all – YOURSELF! Valentine’s Day is all about self love, which is easy to forget the other 364 days of the year. I’m trying to make that more of a full time priority. I’d love to hear how all of your Galentine’s Day events go over, so please feel free to share with me!